17 April 2017

Falkland photo walk: Patterns and textures

When I go away on holiday, or explore somewhere new, there are certain themes I return to time and time again in my photography. I love to spot interesting patterns and textures and take photographs of them, and I also have a particular love for peeling paintwork on doors and windows. But I only recently thought of taking this approach on a photo walk closer to home. I ended up with so many photos from that one walk that I'll have to split them up into a number of blog posts!
I started right in the car park, with some peeling paint on a garage door, and continued walking around taking photos of any textures and patterns I found interesting - walls, tiles, paving stones, and much more. Concentrating on textures like this was a great way of seeing things around me that I hadn't noticed before.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...