14 June 2017

Dundee degree show

After visiting the Dundee Design Festival, I took a walk to Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design, to see the degree show there. This is always a favourite of mine because I love exploring the building and finding the different displays.

This year I concentrated on my favourite departments - jewellery, illustration, and animation. Strangely, this is the only degree show where I go and watch the animations - I think it's because they have such a nice cinema area to sit down in. I really enjoyed the music that was playing in one of the animations, which was by Metecandriu, and luckily I was able to buy a CD!
In the illustration department I met illustrator Shona Heaney who was busy making more of her brightly coloured wooden badges. It was really hard to choose which one to buy, but I decided on this star-shaped one. And it perfectly matches the Whimsical Lush pin I got at the design festival!

In the jewellery department I really loved the interactive exhibit by Eileen Pottle, which consisted of little wooden doors and windows, and plastic people, all in pastel colours, which you could rearrange to make your own designs and share online.

I also discovered a little tea-room area that had been set up in the art college with tablecloths and vintage china, so I stopped there for a cup of hot chocolate and a piece of carrot cake.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...