10 October 2017

Book plate

Two years ago I went on a group tour of Tuscany and the Italian Riviera, and met lots of lovely people, all from the United States, one of whom was Kate. She has just been on a similar tour of Scotland, and we met up in Edinburgh at the end of her tour.
I knew from her Facebook posts that Kate was a big lover of the art of Cicely Mary Barker, who created the Flower Fairies, but that she didn't own any of the books, so part of my gift to her was this book.

I created the book plate by cutting a piece of white card the same size as the pages, then wrote my message on it using calligraphy pens. It looked a little bit plain, so I added a border in a different colour, and some little details. I then used a little glue to stick the plate inside the book.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...