30 October 2017

This month I have been mostly...


Reading:
I've been continuing working my way through the Chalet School books. I wanted to get up to The Chalet School Does It Again before going into hospital, because after that I mostly have paperbacks which will be easier to handle when I'm lying in bed! I'm also working my way through Fingers in the Sparkle Jar by Chris Packham - I am really enjoying it but I prefer it in small doses as his language is quite descriptive and I like to take my time over it.
Doing:
A lot of crochet - I wanted to get 180 coloured circles finished so that when I'm off work after my hysterectomy I can work with just the white wool to turn these into granny squares and join them up for a blanket. I've also been trying to get my 10,000 steps a day over the past few weeks, to make sure I am fit and healthy for having my hysterectomy and to make up for the fact I'll be less mobile for a bit. I've only ever managed four days in a row of 10,000 steps before, but at the time I'm writing this I have done ten days in a row, and I've also hit at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise a day for those 10 days too! And I also celebrated my final period with lots of chocolate, wine, biscuits, face mask, nice shower gel, a candle, a hot water bottle, and a snuggle with my cuddly uterus!

1 comment:

jujupage1 said...

It's good that you're still keeping fit and healthy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...