30 March 2018

This month I have been mostly...


Doing: 
I'm on a huge nostalgia kick at the moment (hence finding these old photos from the 90s at the bottom of a drawer), and decided to head off to my old university, Heriot-Watt, on my birthday. Although it's only 40 minutes on the train then 40 minutes on the bus (those figures are burned into my brain after travelling there from home in my postgrad year), in the 29 years since I left I had only visited once, 15 years ago exactly (it was on my birthday too!).

At the start of the month I was shovelling snow at home and at the local charity shop. And after helping out, I've actually been asked if I would like to become one of the trustees of the shop!

Reading:
The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder was a must-read when in the midst of a three day blizzard when stocks in the shops were running low.

I’m nearing the end of my Chalet School re-read, and feeling quite sad about it. When I reached 10 books to go, and then 8, I really felt like the countdown had started. One that I surprisingly enjoyed more than I remembered was The Chalet School Reunion. I usually prefer ones that are set in the school itself, and Grizel hadn’t been very likeable in other books, but I actually really loved the story of her romance!

Listening:
The new series of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy started on Radio 4. Even though I’m a massive fan of The Hitchhikers Guide, I have hardly listened to any of the radio series (I think I have only heard some clips before). So I’m really enjoying experiencing it in this format, and I can sometime go back and listen to all the previous series of it.


 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...